Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Teacher or Helper

Benn conflicted. As you may know, I am teaching a Java group. The class has been asking for my code examples before they do the homework. I can understand wanting to see code that does what you're supposed to, but at the same time I don't want to turn them into Code monkeys. I may just give them a partial example to one exercise.
Benn packing for the 300K this weekend, It looks like I'm going to wear the same outfit for every brevet this year. It does handle a range of temps quite well.
I finished the Bruce Bawer book, quite a a good read, He's arguing that we should limit " religious" expression when it impinges on individual rights. A Slippery slope indeed. But, it some that we , as a society must manage. How do we accommodate other cultures, while at the same integrating them in to European cultures and values? Maybe we should go back to living in caves. Now, If can get myself involved with Lorna Doone

No comments: