Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Don'r agree with me? You must be a retardo!

I got think about this from reading thing from people that essentially say "people who believe in god are idiots". Which misses that point that a lot of the world is still open to interpretation. I can't say that my way is right, and say Osama Bin Lauden is wrong. It's just too often we've become accustomed to seeing "proof", without questioning it's "proofiense", to coin a word. I was think about reading claims for energy gels and drinks. They usually say "We're the greatest, and you'll bonk if you use brand X" Then you read the proof , it's written for someone with a Ph.D. in nutrition. Maybe I need to write "Sports Nutrition for Dummies". I'm also thinking of the news of the Anglican communion, which seems to be coming apart, because no one wants to meet in the middle, which, ironically, is what I like the most about my parish.
Of course, the trick is where to draw the line. I sort of alluded to this yesterday. I'm not holding out hope in the "get it now" world

No comments: