Monday, February 19, 2007

God keeps on getting in the way....

What to make a priority?
As you may know, Wednesday is Ash Wednesday. Normally not a problem, But I also have the Java ME(cell phone programming class) that night. As a wannabe Episcopalian, I 'm supposed to show up some where and get some ashes put on my forehead. Not to mention that I'm supposed to Fast that day. Normally, I would make back to St. Mark's in Upland. I looked at the Episcopal church's website (www.episcopalchurch.org) and found some congregations near El Monet, but none had a website. I 'll probably call the one nearest work and see if they a noon service. I can always pretend I'm still a presbyterian and skip the imposition.
As you may know, I'm trying to ride a Brevet series this year , the involves riding 200, 300, 400 and 600K rides (124,188,256 and 372 miles). If you've read this before, You know my initial attempt at 200K wasn't quite what I expected.
I'm going to try doing another 200K at Cayucos this Saturday. A lot less climbing, and I've some weight off, so it should easier. the 300K is on 3/24, so I'm going to for that right now. The problem is that the 400K is on 4/7. Easter Sunday. grrr. I;m debating this one. I could drop in a congregation up there and hope I don't fall asleep (I'll be riding for most of the night). And the club is doing my favorite ride (Glendora Mountain Road) on a Sunday.
Normally, most people do the brevets to get qualified to do a 1200K (768 miles) event. The only one this year is Paris-Brest-Paris. I really don't have the money to go to France, so I may do some thing here locally (my buddies are trying to get me to do the Hemet Double Century, which is in March.
Oh, what am I doing for a Lenten discipline?
well , two things
The first thing is I'm a wear a purple spirit wristband. You're not supposed to have negative thoughts for 21 days. I'll let you know how it goes.
I'm also going to give up on potato chips and Cheeze-its

No comments: