Sunday, January 31, 2010

New approaches

Since I've done the same ride for three week in a row, I decided to try some thing different:
The usual purple Mountain Majesty:
From 1-30-2010

Not that many people at the Start:
From 1-30-2010

But social hour was a hit:

Karen enjoyed her PB&J:
From 1-30-2010

And Dan Had Bagels with Honey and Peanut butter:
From 1-30-2010

I headed for the Taco shop and went home, as we had a party that night. I won shirt two sizes too small.
Sunday, I was going tho bring my camera, but I forgot. Since I had and extra hour, I rode up to the home of Sam Maloof I didn't want to go back down and climb back the 10% grade, and I saw a dirt path:
From 01-31-10

but I had this bike:
From 01-31-10

But It made it ok. aside from the too friendly dogs, It was only a block, but once I got the pavement I remember my cell phone, so back I went:
From 01-31-10

From 01-31-10

I made to church ,and on the way home, explored a little fountain at Base Line and San Antonio. It's dedicated to Saint Anthony(who else?)
From 01-31-10

From 01-31-10

Then I headed out for my second outing: Lunch with the Linux Chix at the La Public Library. Approaching Downtown
From 1-31-2010

a Traffic Jam on Sunday Afternoon:
From 1-31-2010

Betty Chung and Sharon lake:
From 1-31-2010

I took a little tour after words:
From 1-31-2010

From 1-31-2010

From 1-31-2010

I came back on the Pasadena Freeway Lot easier:
From 1-31-2010

I finished up with one final errand. There was a new grocery store that opened up across the Street last week. It's called Fresh and Easy
From 1-31-2010

It's about quarter the size of the Albertson's across the Street, or about twice the size of a convenience Store.If your'e Familar with Jackson, Mo in the 60/70's, it's about the size of Lictinegger's Market. Despite that they are a full -line grocer. Their trick is that almost everything is only available as the Store Brand. The only exceptions are Drinks, Chips, and Candy. I've never been much for name brands, anyway. The produce is broken down in to individual servings. That way I don't have to worry about spoiloage, and The food was good , as well being cheaper. Part of that is F&E is non-union, and they do have a lot of purchasing power, as they a part of Tesco, The Uk's largest Retailer.
Hmm I shop at an English Market, and go to and English church. What could be next?

No comments: