Saturday, January 02, 2010

The brevet that wasn't


Ok, so I was supposed to do a brevet today.
But I really didn't feel like, plus my place needed cleaning up. Yes It could wait till next weekend, but then it'll always be next weekend. And I'm teaching a virtual class on the Grails web Framework, too. Plus I have the bent club to look after. Having a life beyond the bike is good.
So, It sound like I've found a game I can't play.
But this cowgirl rode down to Pasadena yesterday instead of riding away.
We meet at Citrus college:

Rode by the Santa Anita Racetrack:

Before arriving at Sierra Madre and Foothill.

It seems there was a Parade going on:

we had the Grand Marshall, "Sully" Sullenberger:
From 1-1-2010

and bands (this is the Marine Corps):
From 1-1-2010

Being the rose parade, we had corporate spokesmen, Like Jack:
From 1-1-2010

And Rain Bird sprinklers (This float was done by a fellow Parishioner of St Marks, Tim Estes, and won the Grand prize)
From 1-1-2010
We didn't stick around for my Favorite Float, also by Tim, the Prefect Balance Pet food with sledding dogs. (KTLA - Channel 5 reruns the parade all day)
Navy f-18's:
From 1-1-2010

I heard there's a football game:
From 1-1-2010

More heroes. The Surviving Tuskegee Airmen:
From 1-1-2010

Another Fiesta(tim) float : Honda
From 1-1-2010
,
and being La, international Flavor - This band is from Guatemala
From 1-1-2010

And patelas - Mexican Popsicles
From 1-1-2010

we left had lunch, and went back to Azusa:
From 1-1-2010

Toady , I did the club ride, and had lunch with the usual bunch. One of the fun thing about riding here this time of year is that it's warm enough for Short Sleeves, but you can see snow on the Mountains
Mt Baldy 210 and baseline:
From 1-2-2010

San Gorgonio Victoria and Cherry:
From 1-2-2010

Will I do another Brevet again? who knows? I had planned on going to Paris Brest Paris in 2011, but plans change. My main goal right now is to savor the moments and see where my journey leads me

No comments: