Saturday, February 06, 2010

Rainy Day


Well, I woke up this morning and this was the scene:
From 2-6-2010

Some how, I don't think riding was on the agenda today.
I did make it to the coffee shop and shot the breeze with Steve and Al:
From 2-6-2010

I had decided that if it was raining, I would take one of bikes out to Bent up in Van Nuys to have its chain replaced. I kept that one. Driving out there , for what ever reason, I made a wrong turn at the 101/134/170 Spilt on wound up on the 170. I got off on roscoe, so I wasn;t too badly lost.
From 2-6-2010
This is Dana new Velomobile. He got hit by a lady who "couldn't see him"
Dana keeps on trying to get me a Barcroft Virginia Ti:
From 2-6-2010

We Started talking I mention that If I had a garage, I would probably have a Cannk forward Cargo bike and a a trike. Kate pointer out that they had a cargo trike, so I went on a test ride:
From 2-6-2010

Hmm, almost as big as my car. I'll think I'll pass for now. I found some Sam Adams :
From 2-6-2010

I then drove back out here:
From 2-6-2010

Coming back back Balboa, it was closed at the LA river due to flooding. It turns out that wrong turn on the 170 was right as I knew how to get there that way, but I wouldn't have know how to get around Balboa park. Even those small things sometime happens for a reason.
I stopped at Fresh and Easy to pick up some lunch:
From 2-6-2010
This was the one in Upland.
I then went to another bike Shop:
From 2-6-2010

I had a plan, or more accurately, a gift card and a plan.
One of my Friends, Bruce Taylor, had a very bad accident last Sunday. a little boy pulled in front of him on the bike path and Bruce fell, and hit his head on a bridge girder. The Manager, Mark Heber, help out with the first aid. At I thought it was Bruce. We talked and confirmed it was Bruce, who still in the the Icu.
I did get some tubes. No riding, but lots of bicycling. Unti next week:

No comments: