Saturday, January 10, 2009

The not quite so perfect pushup

From 1-10-2009

From 1-10-2009

From 1-10-2009

From 1-10-2009

From 1-10-2009


Ok I'll admit it. Like most cyclists, I need some upper body strength. And Having a connection to the Navy Seals, I was taken by $19.00 price i saw on the prefect pushup at walmart.
Does it make doing pushup easier? Well.., actually, it makes it harder. But I'm still trying to add some variety to my workouts, so i'm still trying at adapt to.
But it did get me thinking about perfection, and how we seem to strive it for, but in the end always fall short. and if we do actually achieve it, maybe you better have some seals guarding your back for the folks who like stick knives in it. Maybe we're better off realizing that we are made imperfect beings and live in a imperfect world (and I though this would make an excellent topic - HA!)
Speaking of imperfections, let me tell you about my walk today.
I started with a fail safe - foolproof plan. I would walk up to baseline, and capture the peloton blazing up the hill by Alta Loma High,and win the club photo contest. Well, I made it up to Baseline. and waited,m and waited. It turns that the Santa Ana winds were on full force.
So they were late. And it turns out, the sun was in the wrong spot (see what I get for not being a sun worshiper?) it wa either that or take photos of everyone's back or move across Baseline. In the end, I did manage to get a good one of Jack and Carolyn Pichardo.
And even Senora Santa Ana is herself imperfect. You see, it's not really Saint's Ann's wind, but the breath of El Daiblo(Santana) Or least I like to think that the original Spanish Settler had in mind when the coined the term. I always like the quote by Raymond Chandler "hose hot dry winds that come down through the mountain passes and curl your hair and make your nerves jump and your skin itch. On nights like that every booze party ends in a fight. Meek little wives feel the edge of the carving knife and study their husbands' necks. Anything can happen." Not quite the version that's portrayed in the Randy Newman video(although I had to turn my A/c on after need the heater Tuesday Night)
and Speaking of Philip Marlowe er. Raymond Chandler. I decided to swing by the library at Victoria Gardens and pick up some of his and Vincent Bugloisi's works. I've been reading too much of Morely Swingle (maybe one day, I'll get my Cape Giradreau work published , too).
Until next, may have the grace to accept this broken world and the broken folks around you.
FHS
Jana
Ps.
Thought I would close with some video of the Santa Anas in action:
From 1-10-2009

No comments: