Sunday, April 12, 2009

Sunday best

Well, now for the Bicycle report
Saturday was gray and Gloomy. I did get a picture of the vineyards off Summit Ave in Fontana:
From 4-11-2009

I then checked out Recumbent Ride I'm planning next weekend, The roads have not moved, which is good. plus I got picture of this sculpture off Central ave
From 4-11-2009

I participated in the "social Hour afterward. Learn that my good friend Tom Logsdon, had been laid after 29 1/2 years with the same company.
Today I woke up early and did the PET. Usually, I see some Rabbits along the trail, but none today.
Felt a little bit out of place in the Sanctuary Today with all the new clothing every one else was sporting.
That got me thinking about the term "Sunday Best". If we wear our best clothes when appear before God on Sunday morning , does that mean that God is not watching us when when eat nachos in our bathrobe? He's sorta Quasi-omnipotent, Quasi-omniscient being then, isn't he {or she?)
I always call that "putting God in a box" we want to control our relationship, rather than the other way around.
So I'll probably keep on pedaling to church and partaking in the beauty of creation
I decided to come home by the minor league ballpark, The Epicenter. Nick Adenhart, the pitcher for the Angels that died in a DUI accident this past week, played for the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes in 2006:
From 4-12-2009

From 4-12-2009

From 4-12-2009

From 4-12-2009

From 4-12-2009

No comments: