Sunday, February 16, 2014

Hey buddy, want to buy a recumbent bike?

Well, it's been six month since Spumoni the Fiat came into my life:

and I really like it. What grown less fond of is my recumbent bike. It doesn't work all that well for an urban area with lots of tight spaces and hills. So, I took my tax refund money and ordered a 2013 Trek Lexa SL:

image from trekbikes.com
and since I have a now have a tiny apartment to go along with a tiny car, I've decided to pass it on to a new owner.

Do I regret it? No, It was necessary to have some long term to get an idea of its strength. I'd also like to add that the Strada was the bike I've had for the second longest period of time after the Cannondale that I randonneured with (seven years versus five), and maybe one day when life changes again(you know it will, you just don't know when or how), I'll be laid and loving it once again. Its looks sad without pedals:

and you can't I've pampered it by the looks of the crank. A brief look at bikejournal says I've logged 10,000 miles. The really cool recumbent stuff comes with it, too - the Bent up Cycles bag, Adem headrest, Ventisit pad, 'bent specfic hydration pack.

Miss Pansy's doll has found a new home, so you can't have it. Now, I've got find those recumbent forums and see if I'm still banned for saying that they all seem to have tinfoil helmet liners. And yes, I've started another journey.

No comments: