Saturday, July 16, 2011

still back in Time

Coming back on the 4th , I was going to stop and see the French marines in Kaskaskia,but there was just one problems:
From 7-5-2011

Old man river strikes again. I turned on the Radio, and found the Chester station. They were at Fort Kaskaskia, across the river. I did come calculations, and determined I couldn't do it in time.
So I pressed on to Ste Gen:
From 7-5-2011
I wanted to Visit the Bolduc house again, as part of my work include building a house similar to this, but conveniently moved to Cape Girardeau:
From 7-5-2011
As usual,I learned some things new to add, somethings to correct ,and somethings that I got right:
From 7-5-2011
I decided to walk on down to Gabouri Creek:
From 7-5-2011
A Train was coming back from the Lime Quarry:
From 7-5-2011
I decided to Visit Cahokia, Il.
Holy Family Catholic from 1799:
From 7-5-2011
and the First Saint Clair (Yes, named for General Arthur Saint Clair of the ignominious defat ) County Courthouse:
From 7-5-2011
It was time to go to the airport, but first trip by New busch Stadium:
From 7-5-2011
And back to Los Angeles:
From 7-5-2011
and making plans to attend the Fall Rendezvous at Fort Des Chartes. Still debating whether to stay in Saint Gen (closer, but will the Ferry be running?) or Chester(right side of river, bit further away)
until manana

No comments: