Saturday, November 14, 2009

Truman is a Tiger


I was supposed to do the ride marshal for the tour de foothills this morning. Normally, I do the half metric option twice to get my weekly Dale Degemann approved metric.
But I had a sinus headache this morning. I almost didn't go . In the end I woke a and pedaled over to memorial park for the marshal's meeting
From 11-14-2009

I then lined up for the start:
From 11-14-2009

and we took off down foothill. The Upland had close the road for us:
From 11-14-2009

once I had finished getting my kicks on Route 66, we went up Garey to Baseline and then up Benson to 21st. I had to make a stop at the park on San Antonio and took a picture of Telegraph peak:
From 11-14-2009

I stopped at the official rest stop and socialized. I also spotted a quadruple bike:
From 11-14-2009

Speaking of bike for multiple riders, Dan and I had to help this tandem team get their chain unstuck:
From 11-14-2009

I had lunch and then ,since I still wasn't feeling good and needed to run errands, I left.
Now what about that Tiger?
Well. Wednesday, the weather forecast said it was going to rain. I could not find my umbrella, So I decided to get in the morning. Only Albertson's had put theirs away - The weather forecaster changed his mind. The clerk brought some out, but I saw something else that caught my eye.
By the way, it did rain - so I was right to listen to that little voice. So yesterday, this leaped into my cart:
From 11-14-2009

And being from Mizzou-RAH! (actually, I pronounce it Misery), his name has to be Truman, despite the fact that his fur is not black and gold.

No comments: