Monday, June 18, 2007

seeming the familar for the first time

I've been reading a book, Living on Purpose: Finding God's best for your life by Tom Sine. It's like The Purpose Driven Life, but without the Fundamentalist Theology.
Anyway, Since I've been re-imagining my life, I've been looking to the bible for inspiration, I've been using The Contemporary English Version, which differs from what you'd normally find. Take Matthew 6:9-13:
You should pray like this:

Our Father in heaven, help us to honor your name.
Come and set up your kingdom, so that everyone on earth will obey you,
as you are obeyed in heaven.
Give us our food for today.
Forgive us for doing wrong, as we forgive others
Keep us from being tempted and protect us from evil.

Copyright © 1995 by American Bible Society.
Quite a bit different from that old King James, isn't it? Sometimes, we do need to look at life through a new lens.
Plagiarizing a Muslim co-worker,
Peace be among you.

No comments: