Saturday, March 20, 2010

The ride with no one


Dana and I had planned on doing a recumbent ride for his shop for March it was only 28 miles, so I showed up early, and did some laps around Van Nuys airport. This plane is in the wrong markings. too bad, sine I really like this shot a lot:
From 3-20-2010

This is more like it:
From 3-20-2010

an old Dc-3, I think:
From 3-20-2010

This one has been sitting like this for about 6 months:
From 3-20-2010

I finally stopped doing loops since I had to use the bathroom . Andres showed my his new bike:
From 3-20-2010

and Jack had new one, too, This is a front wheel drive Cruzbike:
From 3-20-2010

Carbent. must resist or go broke:
From 3-20-2010

It was time to close up the shop and go on a ride:
From 3-20-2010

we started out by going down Balboa blvd:

We turned to go up to Porter Ranch and one of the rider's crank arms fell off:
From 3-20-2010

Dana put it back on:
From 3-20-2010

we were at the scenic highlight in Porter ranch:
From 3-20-2010

From 3-20-2010

we stopped at Chatsworth to re group:
From 3-20-2010

right beg=hind the rocks is where the Metrolink head on crash happened
we crossed Topanga Canyon rd:
From 3-20-2010

and did a loop around Chatsworth reservoir, where we stopped again:
From 3-20-2010

After this , I got lost. Dana didn't think he had print up enough cue sheets,so I decided that I could jut follow everyone. wrong! I rode back on Roscoe, Thankfully I turned south instead of North on Balboa, and went back to the shop. Kate gave some info where everybody was at. I did the rout in reverse, and found them on the bike path that parallels the MTA Orange line. I turned around and followed them back; Here we are at HayvenHurst:
From 3-20-2010

From 3-20-2010

we rode back to the shop. Dana and I talked for little bit . Jack and I were the only "socal benters" to show up. I think most folk want to do Sunday Morning rides. As you can see from my new blog subtitle, I've got just a little problem with that.
I went out and did an extra ten miles. a little bit more busy, but still ok. I'm still debating what to do about a couple of side project that I have going that aren't quite turning the way I want them to. Shut them down, keep going, or walk away and let someone else worry about it?

No comments: