Sunday, February 15, 2009

Making adjustments


Well, i got that new bike, and I've actually managed to do some riding with it.
I went over to Palm Springs and did The Team Estrogen ride on Friday. I almost did not do it , as it was raining hard here.
I thought I would have some time to practice my recumbent handling skills, but I did not , I found the group in quick order
From 2-13-2009

we did a tour of the Stars home. It was nice, except for the fact that my seat kept on slipping back , most noticeably crossing palm canyon.
we stopped at one stars house for a picture or two:
From 2-13-2009

From 2-13-2009

made another stop at the art museum:
From 2-13-2009

we did part of the climb to Indian canyon. I manged to fall and was wobbling a lot. we were going to go all the way, but I needed to get back, as I had a hair stylists appointment later that afternoon. I got there just , but no lock for my new bike. I chanced it (it was raining hard at the time)
Then on Saturday, I took another little trip to Van Nuys and did the shop ride for Bent up cycles.
From 2-14-2009

From 2-14-2009

From 2-14-2009

we then went to balboa park and did a loop at a pace that gave my plenty of time to practice my slow speed handling skills.
I then did some practicing in the industrial lot around Van Nuys airport. They had several WWII planes paint for various air forces. I think they were all American planes at one time
From 2-14-2009

From 2-14-2009

and being in the San Fernando valley, I went by a movie studio. This is where "my Name is Earl" is filmed:
From 2-14-2009

And since I was supposed to be the lector this Sunday, and had this to read, I decided to ride my Bacchetta there. I was a bit afraid, as I would have to do some climbing to get there. I chopped it up and aside from a chain problem and a dropped tube clip, I came through ok. I realized that had lost my debit card, or else I would have done a longer ride, but I wanted to get that straightened out.
That Conclude my journeys for this week. I was going to Garth Brooks "Freinds in low places" for the music, but decided that Dino and Frank were much palm springs and pseudo Italian ("Bacchetta" translates as Baton)
until next week,
Jana

No comments: