Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Jana actually Blog on prayer!

Yes, both my reader may fall of the seats! (Bruce, don't take me seriously!)
For starter let's tackle how and where
I bet most of you prayer at you bed at the end of a day, right? I'd urge to make a different time for it. I almost always try and do it and hour or so before hand. By doing this, it's not something done at the last minute. It's all about how has priorities on your time. and , yes, you should really be trying to find that still, small voice 24/7 and not just form 10 till 10:15 pm.
Where? I always trying to do my evening prayers sitting on the floor in front of the TV (yes, it is off). Why? It's the only time I sit there - so if I'm there, I know what I'm supposed to be doing.
You have to find the time and the imagination to experiment, and realize that where you feel may not be you need to be.
An example - I rode my bike today. I decided to do my usual weekday ride, but try to go into Fontana instead. Things we going fine until I hit Etwanda ave, The wind was just a bit too much for me to feel safe, so i turned around. In a similar vein, I've been trying kneel during communion to see if it "enhances my spiritual experience" (do I sound like an Anglican or what?) I really don't see a difference, and since it is optional, I'm not if I'll continue.
I'll close with the invitation from our Bible study "Are you willing to let something new happen?"
FHS,
Jana

1 comment:

SiouxGeonz said...

It becomes 3 readers when I google "what would Jesus ride?" :D

May you have many interesting journeys.