Sunday, June 02, 2013

A Day with Elvis

Since i'm busy writing a Book about Elvis Presley's early career, I was interested when I learned there was a Elvis Festival in nearby Lake George: That would be pretty much everyone here Here he is: no wait: This really getting confusing: The Festival was held in a Hockey arena: Look who I ran into: The professionals went first: I stayed for about 2 hours, and then went to village in search of lunch: And who did I find? Randy Mancini: Then I went on a cruise: and found Ted Torres Then I went back to the Forum. It was amateur hour (no Band, This is Debbie Knight aka "Lady E" Some were good, and some were a deep voice, a Bottle of Clariol, and a jumpsuit. I went to supper at the same place, and guess what. No , not that Sam Calleri: and back to the Forum: The Festival Folks had brought all 6 men who have won the Ultimate Elvis Tribute Artist contest that is held as part of Elvis Week in Memphis. This night we had Cody Slaughter as the young elvis: Ben Portsmouth as the '68 Comeback: and Shawn Klush as the 72 aloha Concert: and the real one These guys are good! One thing that stuck out for me was the Guitars Cody and Ben used. Elvis record the great majority of his work with a Gibson J-200 They both had Look-alikes to the "King"'s beloved guitar. Most of the folks just sang. The only other artist that I can recall playing the guitar, who was using a electric. It was interesting. I would have much preferred to see more of the young Elvis, as that is my subject matter, but the community seem fairly heavily focused on the 70's Elvis, But that won't stop me from going back. Until next week, Follow that Dream!

No comments: