Sunday, September 04, 2011

camping indoors

Well, it was busy week. i starteed a new job, moved to a new city, and found a new apartment, all in the same week.!
I did look at three places, before finally settling on one in Rensselaer:


Inside , needs some work. did I mention my furniture is going to goodwill:


I did= forget my bike shoes. oh well!.
I will be getting some furnishing over the next couple of weeks. The important thing is that i'm not at the Days inn or living out of my car.
Rensselaer is across the river from Albany. it's named after Kilean van Rensselaer, the first dutch land owner (I suspect the Mohawks may have a thing or two to say about the first land owner), whose ancestor founded Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute(RPI) , about 10 mile away in Troy.
It's best known as where the song Yankee doodle dandy was composed during the french and Indian wars. pretty much typical Notheast.
More posting and hopefully some bicycling next week

No comments: