Sunday, October 04, 2009

Higher education

Since I now have a car that I can fit my bike inside, i decided to use it capabilities. I drove over to it's a grind and did a few iterations of the Heritage loop, stoop to put on my sunglasses:
From 10-3-2009
Back at the Coffee shop, I talk with Jennifer Suchey about climbing with a recumbent. I So I decided to see If could make to the top of Etiwanda and Day Creek.I made it past Wilson, but I was a bit wobbly, and there a new park opening up yesterday at the top of Eitwanda, so I turned off on Coyote, think I could make it over to Etiwanda. Wrong! I had s smoothie at the Coffee shop, did an extra 10 miles, and loaded up:
From 10-3-2009

From 10-3-2009

I had Alar Guild this Sunday, and with Sunrise coming at 7:00, I didn't think I could get much of ride in, so I did an afternoon ride. I ran into Bill and Sam Day on Vineyard, and the rest of the gang on arrow. I turned off the PET and went through downtown Upland
From 10-4-2009

I then rode down to the La County Fair., today was the last day this year
From 10-4-2009

I went down to San Dimas before doubling back
From 10-4-2009

From 10-4-2009

I usually go on Bonita ave, but San Dimas was its Frontier Days festival, so I had to briefly double back on Arrow. I got back on Bonita, as I had seen that the University of La verne had installed a new sculpture called "inhale/Exhale:
From 10-4-2009

From 10-4-2009

it's right next door to ULV's signature structure., the Supertent:
From 10-4-2009

From 10-4-2009

I Then back through La Verne and the Claremont Colleges before heading home on the PET. At times I extend this loop to Cal Paoly, but decided with the fair, it wouldn't be a wise idea

No comments: