Friday, September 11, 2009

A Fair day

I decided to go to the La county Fair today. I've been out for four years and it's only 10 miles away.
I noticed in the newspaper that if you brought five items of canned food from Ralphs Supermarket, you got in for free, so I made a trip to Ralphs'.
I was debating driving or taking the train. I decided on the train. it was a little late, but I soon a the entrance to the Fairplex. The train stops next to the drag strip:
From 9-11-2009

Once inside, I had to find a bathroom, it was next to the Train station for Acradia (but i'm in Pomona!)
From 9-11-2009

once inside, I was remind of My hair stylist's, Albert, opinion, that you should only visit the fair every 25 years. It was like the fair remember at home, The Southeast Missouri Fair, only writ larger. I was beginning to wonder if I had wasted my time. I consulted a map and arrived at the history area, but a little early:
From 9-11-2009

I then went thru the National Hot Rode Association museum.:
From 9-11-2009

From 9-11-2009

From 9-11-2009

not bad. I bought the Christmas present for my nephew, Chuck, and proceed to the Art Museum. I probably amazed my mom by not buying anything from the Museum store.
going to more modern cars, Toyota had a booth there, hmm, should I get a Pirus or a Matrix?
By then I was running out of things to do. The fair site does have some interesting art deco architecture
From 9-11-2009

I decided to go to farm animals. I was debating if it was worth it. I ran into my friend, Karen Miranda, and we chatted for a while.
by then I needed to go back to the train, The fair has a couple of ski lifts, so I took them, I get motion sick real easy, so it's probably the only ride I could ride:
From 9-11-2009

I decided to make a movie:
From 9-11-2009

when I got outside, the tram attendant told there wasn't a train for a hour an half, and that I had read the schedule wrong, so I went inside again, I wondered through the Africa expedition and then, listening to my 80 year old stylist advice, took in a horse race:
From 9-11-2009

Maybe I should have placed a bet. The winner had 80 to 1 odds:
From 9-11-2009

There was also a Cal fire helicopter:
From 9-11-2009

coming back, I was debating doing the Ferris Wheel. I deceided not to, but I when go to the train station, I discovered that there were no trains for an hour and half! I know i was right!
I also that there would more frequent service from the regular station, so I decided to walk there. I thought it was a mile. Turned out, more like two. Cross-training is good!
I got there just as a train was pulling in. It was standing room only, but still cut an hour off of waiting. Thankfully, I had bought a Souvenir cup:
From 9-11-2009

No comments: