Saturday, February 09, 2008

Plan b from the Inland Empire











I was going to The Tour de Palm Springs, but I noticed that the tires on my car were dangerously bald.
So I went for a metric century instead!
I started out going down Baseline road, but decided I hadn't been up Shinn Road. So I went that way Took a pic at Campus and 21st and another at the LA county line (Angeles National Forest) before getting to Shinn and Mt. Baldy road roads. I then went down and started looking for more miles. Which lead me to the Baldwin park Metrolink station . I like this station, ad it has some unique Architecture. I then a park in Covina before stooping at the Covina Metrolink station with its British Phone Booth. I then went buy InCycle in San Dimas to pick up some Hammer Gel went by the University of La Verne Super Tent.
I stopped at the Pomona Station. They had some neat statuary here, but its' been removed due to vandalism. I stopped by the old Santa Fe station in Claremont, before heading home and to the emporium of Manny, Joe, and Jack with 55 miles
Notice that I didn't even get a metric? Well life be's that way sometimes and I'm drinking a soda now too. Reminds of song lyric: "if you want o hear God laugh, tel him your plans" and in the end, it's how we handle the detours that matter

No comments: