Sunday, August 05, 2012

Dewey or Huey?

Yesterday, I went to the city to see a musical. Unlike last time, I drove to Pougkeepsie: and took the MTA/Metro-North Down. I need to do the Walkway over the Hudson one day(the bridge in the background): The station is quite nice: The car is well. Reminds of the Old New Jersey Transit cars LA Metrolink bought from the scrap metal dealer: and we're off! West Point: Most of the folks on the train were Yankees fans. It was fairly empty after this stop: And I can know say I've been to Harlem: Grand Central: I had about 2 hours to spare, so I walked to the Shubert, and had lunch at Mickey d's around the corner: and at last: The video does a better job of summarizing than I can: and here's a couple of The Real Dewey: Of course, I was more struck with the curtain being the Harahan Bridge (The musical is set before Elvis). It was a good time. It ended all too soon and I was soon on my way back to Albany. Here is the Tappan Zee Bridge: Today is the last run on Broadway. I had hoped to see it later, but decided to go ahead and see it when I had the chance. You see, I've started writing writing a piece of fiction based on the first few months of Elvis' career and his love of Gospel. The first chapter goes before the Writer's guild critque group on Wednesday. Hopefully, I've got it right and write. As I was think how thing have changed. The one time when they (the cast) used the N-word), the audience gasped. Yes, My relatives used a lot. Some of this may have to with that audience (I did really feeling like the feeling in an Oreo), and the culture has changed. The other thing that struck was the music. Yes, the Shubert could have toned the volume a notch, but not had it changed, but the way we hear it has, too. I was listening to WROW (The Albany oldies station) coming back and was struck by the difference what you poick up on 850AM and the more pristine stuff coming out of your Ipod/MP3 player. Anyway, we can't go back in time, unless we close our eyes and do make-believe, which I probably need to do some tonight. Got to wrap up Chapter 2. All I 've got to do is follow that dream: Maybe I'll get to see it when it opens again at the Orephum in April 2013

No comments: